Mikhail Tikhanovsky was born in 1968 in the town of Sergiev Posad (formerly known as Zagorsk) into a family of teachers. Mikhail was conscripted into the Navy in 1987 and served his country in the Far East for three years. In 1987 he graduated from the Moscow Art Institute, from the studio of Dmitry Vorontsov a Merited Artist of Russia. Mikhail is a member of the Union of the Russian Artists and exhibits regularly with the Sergiev Posad Branch of the Union.
Some of Mikhails' Main Exhibitions are as foilows:
1. 1999, "Boldinskaya Autumn", The Central House of the Artists, Moscow.
2. 2000, "Gold Brush", The Central House of the Artists, Moscow.
3. 2000, the Exhibition of the Central Regions of Russia.
4. 2002, "the Youth of Russia", The Central House of the Artists, Moscow.
5. 2003, "All Russia" exhibition, Voronezh.
1. 1990, The Exhibition Hall of the Babushkinski District, Moscow.
2. 1998, The Gallery of the Moscow library for Foreign Literature, the Marble Hall, Moscow.
3. 2003, The Moscow City Parliament, Moscow.